Tuesday 7 June 2011

Foundation Piecing Mariner's Compass

Recently I attended a workshop with Chris Jurd to learn how to do foundation piecing. And this Mariner's Compass is what I made . . .


While it took me a while to get the hang of it, once I got going I found this technique pretty good. Chris is a very generous teacher - very patient and encouraging. So if you find yourself in a position to take one of her classes, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

So now I have a central medallion that needs some borders to become a "real" quilt! I've got a little stash of batiks, so I'm not short of fabric to make something larger. It's just deciding what to do that's holding me back. Oh well, I'm sure the fabric will still be here when the inspiration takes me . . .


Pattern: Mariner's Compass
Designer: Chris Jurd
Publication: http://chrisquilts.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Terry said...

Great Mariner . I saw a compass starting out on Chris's blog and a singer that belonged to Sue. Was that you. Either way yours is great eye candy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...