Friday 21 June 2013

Chaos, your name is Walter

Let's get a puppy he said.

I don't think so I said.

Let's just look he said.

There are rules I said.

He must be well mannered.

No digging in the back garden.

No jumping on people.

Not on the lounge.

 
So you can see how well that worked out!

Is the problem the dog? Walter? No, I mean, he's cute as a button . . .


Is the problem his human? You betcha!!! You see what I'm dealing with . . .


This boy and his dog are definitely good for each other. But as a duo are they good for me?


The jury's still out . . .

And while it's deliberating, I'm trying to overlook the chaos, the hairy . . . everything, the muddy paw prints.

And remembering to enjoy the funny way he has to run and grab a toy to show when he sees us first thing in the morning. And being able to comfort him when he hides behind my legs when someone sneezes or coughs. And remind myself that he's still just a puppy . . . with a lot of learning yet to do. 

And that he's lovely!


2 comments:

Raewyn said...

Oh yes, all the rules we set when we got our little dog were all in vain...they are just so loving and irrestible!! (Our little guy is a bit smaller than yours!)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh Sue your 'puppy' is just like our 'puppy' who is now 6 months old and a Labrador as well! And she does all this too LOL...and we have to remind ourselves she is still a puppy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...