Thursday 15 March 2012

How do you gift wrap bottles?

My son has given various bottles as gifts now . . . and as the king of innovative gift wrapping he wanted something more than a paper gift bag. I should have taken pictures of the cool woven ribbon wrapping he did at Christmas, but I did get this one of the over-sized "gift" box he created . . .


So I was drafted in as the maker of fabric bottle bags.


The bags are really simple and quick to make. They only take a piece of fabric about 17" x 12" (plus a bit extra to make the tie if you don't want to use ribbon).

A side seam.

A bottom seam (plus bag corners if you want it to fit nicely at the bottom).

And a hem around the top. You can't go too far wrong . . .



Putting my high school needlework lessons to good use, I stitched french seams, so it's nice and neat inside - no lining required. It's been a great opportunity to use fabric that I've had for a while, just waiting for the right project. So everyone wins - a happy son, a happy gift recipient, and a bit of stash-busting for me!


Fabric: Pointillist Palette by Debra Lunn & Michael Mrowka for Robert Kaufman Co., Inc

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...