Wednesday 15 February 2012

It's not too soon for Christmas

I decided it was time to finish off some bits and pieces that have been hanging around . . .


Finish reading a magazine and order another one in digital format - the green alternative, and it frees up space in my house.

Finish having my cup of tea (while reading the magazine).

Finish a couple of Christmas cross stitch ornaments, ready to hang up at the end of the year!


The (red) blackwork angel has been finished for a while.

The Snowman is one that I had previously made for a friend and liked it so much I thought I'd do one for myself. When it was all stitched, it lent itself more to an oval than a circle, so oval it is.

And "Joy" is a finish from last year's Stitching On the Lake day.

I suspect I might make some more Christmas decorations before the end of the year. I had an idea about hanging them in a large frame - a bit artsy, rather than on the tree. That's what I'm thinking now. Let's see what happens at Christmas!

The only thing with these decorations is the finishing. These are all trimmed with DMC, twisted to make a little cord, then stitched over the seams. A hanging loop at the top and a knot or bead at the bottom and the thread "combed" out into the tassel. I like them . . . but . . . if anyone's got an idea for something a little fancier, I'd love to hear.


Pattern: Blackwork Angel
Designer: Fiona - Peaceful Threads By Fiona
Publication: http://peacefulthreads.blogspot.com/
Fabric - Aida,18 count
Thread - DMC 221 - 1 thread


Pattern: Joy
Designer: Fiona - Peaceful Threads By Fiona
Publication: http://peacefulthreads.blogspot.com/
Fabric - Aida, 14 count
Thread - DMC

Pattern: Snowman's Quaker Christmas
Designer: Midnight Stitching
Fabric - Linen, 27 count
Threads - DMC 4045, 4124, 4210, Blanc Neige, Coates 7403 - 1 thread

1 comment:

FIONA said...

Beautiful decorations Sue!! All look lovely!! You could gather up ribbon and stitch around the outside, tie a bow and make a ribbon hanging, cover a box, make a filled cushion, or make them into a mattress shaped decoration! Love your button necklaces in the previous post too!! Love your creativity! Have a great day! fiona xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...