Saturday 11 February 2012

Button Bling

I have a thing for buttons.

I have buttons on clothes.
And on bags.
And as jewellery.


Today I did a re-vamp of some older pieces - the necklace and bracelet. 
And added something new - the earrings.

The necklace used to only have the centre 7 sets of buttons, which looked really good with a shirt with a collar. But a bit odd otherwise. What's a girl to do but add more buttons! So that's what I did, re-stringing (or wiring) the lot.

The bracelet had broken, so it had to be re-strung as well. And really, a set's not complete without earrings is it?

I don't think I'll wear all 3 things at once (perhaps a bit too matchy-matchy!), but sometimes when I've worn the bracelet I've thought that some earrings would be good. Now I'm set to mix and match. It's good to have choices.


Looking at the big yellow button with the little red one on top reminds me of these, which I was lucky enough to enjoy today . . .



The Details
Necklace: 2 strands of 26g wire, magnetic clasp
Bracelet: 6 strands DMC thread, magnetic clasp
Earrings: Regular headpin, gently manipulated through holes in buttons, Sterling Silver shepherds hooks

3 comments:

ria vogelzang said...

What a great way to use buttons! Thanks for the inspiration!!
And I would love to taste one of those lovely strawberry-cups! ;)
Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia said...

Lovely button jewellery Sue! Hope all is well with you. I have missed your blog.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

there's just something about buttons!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...