Saturday 12 February 2011

The one that went astray . . .

This is a little heart that I made for a friend for Christmas, but it seems it went astray in the mail . . .


But if life is really about the journey and not the destination, then I guess having made the heart is the main thing!

I made a heart, as my friend has a "heart thing" going on. And I wanted to try my hand at tiny little cross stitches, so I worked this on quite a fine linen using a single strand of DMC thread. My Luxo magnifying lamp was my best friend while stitching this!

So, while the little heart didn't make its intended destination, I hope the good thoughts I had for my friend while stitching traveled across the miles. Anyway, there's always next Christmas . . .


Pattern: One of the hearts from the European Cushion Cover
Designer: Agnes Delage-Calvet, Anne Sohier-Fournel
Publication: Made In France - Cross Stitch and Embroidery in Red, White and Blue

4 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

I hope the heart do turns up because that friend will be very happy to receive it! It makes a great post anyhow - Hugs Nat

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Sue...I'm guessing this is for the gal above...my gift to her didn't get there either!!! Mmmmmm, Dzintra

ranette said...

Oh no! Well I think you have a great attitude about it and maybe, just maybe it will show up!

Sylvia said...

Oh Sue. It is so beautiful and I can appreciate how hard it must have been to see it to stitch! What a shame it is lost. I do hope someone lovely has found it and is admiring it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...