Monday 21 February 2011

Civil War Quilts - Block 8

Block 8 - Cotton Boll. This block went together reasonably quickly . . .


But for a simple block it sure makes quite a statement when you see it amongst the other blocks! Makes me realise the importance of the right fabric choice for future blocks.



When the blocks are laid out, they are starting to look like the beginnings of a "real quilt".

There are some great blocks being shown on the Civil War Quilts Flickr Group. It's well worth a look.

And check out this week's block by BeeCee at Piece and Quilt. Also, if you love batiks, you'll love her "Autumn" quilt. It's is fantastic.


Pattern: Civil War Quilts - Block 8 - Cotton Boll
Designer: Barbara Brackman
Publication: http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Terry said...

The block is nice. A simple place for the eye to rest I think when all is finished. Good lay out with your trusted friend.

Nat Palaskas said...

I love one colour block. The pink is great for it. I know what you meant about the important of the whole quilt. I hope my 'F' fabric will help pulling all the blocks together - Hugs Nat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...