Saturday 23 October 2010

Shake your tail feathers!

I do believe I really like working with felt! It's a pretty forgiving medium, it looks good and it's pretty adaptable to so many projects. So what's not to like?

This little felt bird is one of the projects on offer at the Stitching On The Lake Day hosted by the lovely Sylvia and Fiona.

Felt bird with embroidered and beaded wings

We had a bag  full of goodies, including kits for 6 stitching projects. I chose to start with this bird and although I didn't get it finished on the day, I did come home and keep stitching 'till it was done. And I'm glad that I did! His tail feathers are pretty cute and I really enjoyed the stitching and beading on the wings. I found that part of the day very relaxing and almost meditative. I think I can feel a bit of embroidery coming on!

Felt bird - felt tail feathers

I think it he'll look pretty good hanging on the christmas tree.  And who knows, maybe there will be a whole flock of them one day soon . . .

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Hi Sue. Your bird looks fantastic. There were some more lovely ones made today. So glad you are enjoying the stitching again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...