Wednesday 26 May 2010

Things I'm noticing . . .

As I've been all over the internet checking out so many fantastic quilts as part of the Blogger's Quilt Festival, I'm noticing things . . .

Grab yourself one of these . . .



and settle in for some fantastic viewing . . . (I'm not keen to grab photos off other peoples blogs, so just click on the links to see for yourself).

** Warning - viewing these blogs may inspire you to add new projects to your list of things to do! You may find yourself reaching for needle and thread as you read. Don't say you weren't warned! **



White backgounds are great - they seem to make for really fresh looking quilts.

Neutrals are everywhere too, and for good reason - they give a very elegant look to a quilt.

A few people seem to have a bit of circle thing going on, like I do.

Quilts with sentimental meaning are beautiful.

There are so, so many people just jumping in and taking on projects out of the comfort zones - and coming out the other end richer for it!

There are some fantastic quilt backs out there as quilters are endeavoring to use up there scraps and trim down their stashes.

Art quilts are beautiful.

Quilters all over the world put pieces of themselves into quilts for others - and it lifts the spirits of everyone . . . giver and receiver.

Oranges are definitely on my list of "I love these". . .

Funky IS FUN!

There are quilts which you can't help but admire - even when you know that you don't have it in yourself to even think about attempting it.

There are all sorts of ways to include your family in your quilts!

You can be VERY creative with selveges.

Pinwheels always look great.

Hope you have as much fun checking out these blogs as I did!

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I will have to find some more time to look at some of the other quilts!

Sue-Anne said...

Thanks for the links Sue, I will have a look at them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...