Thursday 21 April 2011

Civil War Blocks 15 and 16 Done!

I'm pleased with both of these blocks, which turned out exactly to size and easy to make.

Block 15 - Fort Sumter . . .


and Block 16 - White House . . .



The past couple of weeks have gone by in a bit of a daze, so I was pleased to get these blocks done yesterday . . . and I'm ready to get going on this weeks block once it's released. A big thank you to American Homestead for posting alternate cutting instructions for the White House block - taking away the hassle of matching stripes!

I find myself spending more time selecting fabric than actually stitching, but really that's all part of the fun.


Pattern: Civil War Quilts - Block 15 - Fort Sumter & Block 16 - White House
Designer: Barbara Brackman
Publication: http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sue, love the colourings of your CW blocks..........thankyou for your input with my blocks.....I have been re-arranging the blocks....I was trying to determine new colours...Warm Regards, Lyn

Terry said...

The blocks look lovely and I am encouraged by the comment on level of difficulty.
I am so far behind perhaps a slow week end will aid catching up.

Haveagoodweekend

beecee said...

Glad you are catching up. It takes me ages to decide about the fabrics too. I think you will find week 17 easier. Now it I could only find time to post

Leila said...

I have fallen WAY behind with the Civil War blocks - I think I am on block 9, eek!

Beautiful blocks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...