Wednesday 12 January 2011

Snowbound . . . Finished!

I've put the finishing touches on my "Snowbound" mini quilt. I decided to do stitcheries rather than applique as it was in the original pattern for this 2010 BOM. My blocks are only 4 1/2 inches square, making this a cute little quilt to add to our Christmas decorating bits and pieces.

I pieced the 9 patches on my treadle sewing machine earlier in the year and put all the blocks together on Francene this week. I then did simple quilting using the same vintage silk thread that I used for the stitcheries.
I did put the last stitch in the stitchery on New Year's Eve, so 2010 is the date on the block (even though, technically, I didn't finish the quilt until 2011 - but I feel a bit of creative license is OK!!).
I am happy to have this little quilt all bound and labelled, ready to be hung up at Christmas.

Thanks so much to Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs for creating this lovely project . . . and check out her blog to see this year's new BOM.

Pattern: Snowbound - 2010 BOM
Designer: Anne Sutton (Bunny Hill Designs)
Publication: http://bunnyhillblog.com

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Snowbound looks great. Love the thread colour.

Nat Palaskas said...

This is gorgeous Sue. I love your colour very much. I have saved those blocks too for the rainy days - hugs Nat

Sue-Anne said...

You have done a wonderful job of Snowbound. It looks fantastic Sue.

ranette said...

The muted tones of this wonderful little quilt really get my heart to beating. II just love it! Beautiful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...