Thursday 27 January 2011

Civil War Quilts - Block 4


Block 4 - Texas Tears - is done. It may end up requiring some persuasion to be just the right size, but we'll see when the whole quilt goes together. I'm not sure that I love this block, but I'm suspending my judgment until I've done all the blocks. In a quilt with 56 blocks, not all of them need to be the "star of the show", in my opinion.

If you're interested in seeing what others are doing with their blocks for this Block Of The Week project, check out the Flickr Group - there's certainly plenty of variety and inspiration! And if you're not already full to the brim with projects on the go, have a think about joining in. It's a great way to use your stash and the weekly blocks are pretty achievable. Go on . . . have a go . . . what's stopping you?


Pattern: Civil War Quilts - Block 4 - Texas Tears
Designer: Barbara Brackman
Publication: http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Raewyn said...

Hi Sue - it's nice to meet you!! I think your block has turned out beautifully - I'm wanting to do these too and really should make a start on them before I decide I am too far behind!! I love your "Alison's Puzzle' hanging too - very nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...