Sunday 21 March 2010

March Sew-In

I had big plans . . . lots of time . . . lots of sewing . . . lots of progress . . .

Things didn't go quite according to plan . . . but that's not always a bad thing.

We ended up chauffeuring our son around and sharing an unexpected dinner at our daughter's place. We had fun and a reasonably early night.

But I did get some sewing done when we got home!

I'm embarking on a new project . . . it's called Charleston Rhapsody by Carolyn Konig. I don't actually have the pattern yet (it's in the mail), but I was able to make a start on the many, many hexagons needed for this quilt . . .



And I'm going to be working with this glorious pile of fabrics.



Thanks go again to Heidi and Bobbi for organising another Friday Night Sew-In. Thanks girls, for sharing your enthusiasm and motivation . . .

5 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

I live almost just around the corner from Carolyn. I will have to go and check out the quilt. If it's the one I'm thinking of - your are going to be as busy as me!!!! Love the fabrics you have chosen and glad you had a nice night out with your children.

Lis Harwood said...

Love the fabrics you're using and I'm glad you got some stitching done even though you did other things too! DH loves your header photo - he's a fan of antique pocket watches particularly and watches and clocks in general!

ladyfrou said...

Love your colour choices, if this is the quilt I think it is, this is going to be stunning

Terry said...

Hexies are always a sure fire project. Like the color scheme as do we all so far.
Canberra has more of an autumn than western Sydney enjoy. Terry

melinda cornish said...

I am starting to see a lot of these hexagons....it is going to be a beautiful quilt.....I managed to do the friday night sew in too...it was fun..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...