Saturday 20 February 2010

February Friday Night Sew-In . . .

Well I had plans for what I was going to work on last night for the Sew-In . . . and at the last minute I changed my mind!

No, I didn't (potentially) finish the Little Pretties quilt that's been hanging around for a while.

No, I didn't make any headway with the folded circles quilt that I dragged out of the box and worked on during the week.

Instead, I decided to start ANOTHER project!

While not quite in keeping with my plans to finish what I've currently got on the go, I did use what I had on hand. That counts for something, right?

I started on the Bronywn Hayes stitchery I mentioned  here. I'm going to make a runner to go on the end of the bed, where the cat seems to spend her days. I've decided to use fabrics in my stash from the fabric club at Patchwork on Stonleigh to make Saw Tooth Star blocks, with the stitchery as the centre.

So . . . I gathered these (I just love the names of these delicious threads - I mean, who can go past Raspberry Parfait?)

and this

to make this

And then I got to work!

We didn't really feel like watching anything and, as it turned out we didn't really feel like listening to anything, so I stitched and my (passive) craft buddy for the evening (who throws in the odd stitching reference for good measure - "is that blanket stitch you're doing there Sue?")  browsed the internet. We enjoyed a very pleasant evening in companionable quiet . . .

The fruits of my evening's labour were not quite as bountiful as I might have hoped, but I made a good start . . . and I enjoyed the meditative time that seems to come with stitching.





Funnily enough, the cat that who usually comes out to play on any quilt in progress made her presence known, not by playing with the fabric (since it was such a small piece and I did happen to be holding it the whole time), but by meowing at the door with frustrating regularity to go out . .  then come in . . then go out . . then come in . . so in her own little way, she didn't miss out on the fun!

Maybe next month I'll be working on the next stitchery for this little project . . .

Hope you had a pleasant evening stitching in your world.

3 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

Ha Ha! I can relate to starting yet another project! What a great idea to make a runnr for the bed. Those threads are divine - such pretty shades. We lock two of our cats up at night but the third cat has a free reign and she, like yours, is in and out like a blow fly!

Natima said...

Such cute cat Sue. Starting new project is healthy. You can't keep working on the same project for ever. Beside, it's a nice project to start.
Have a nice weekend - Hugs Nat

Jamie said...

Such a cute pattern! I can't wait to see the finished project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...