Saturday 28 November 2009

Christmas Ornament Swap

I am so glad I signed up for this swap! My new friend Natima has been very generous in welcoming me to blog land, so thank you Natima. I really appreciate it. I’m also very grateful to Clare and Robyn for putting this whole ornament swap together. Thanks for being so generous with your time.

Yesreday I got my parcel of Christmas cheer in the mail from Natima!!!



Inside was a gorgeous collage card. And a card of Christmas buttons. And a beautiful heart to hang on my tree. I love the simplicity of it. And the accent of the yellow French knots. And the button with the beads hanging. I couldn’t be more pleased to receive this beautiful gift from my new “stitching sister” – Natima. Thank you so much!!! Go on over to Natima's blog to find out more about her inspiration for her swap ornament . . .


After exchanging emails with Natima, it seems that we have similar tastes in how we decorate our trees. It’s a bit of an eclectic style, so there was a lot of scope for this project. I decided to go with a bit of Christmas bling and crafted a sequined plum pudding for Natima.



I really enjoyed making this for her and felt a connection, a feeling of kinship – knowing that all around the globe, at the same time as me, other crafty folk were creating their ornaments to swap too.

The little card is from an online Christmas class I did a few years back with Kim Archer. I really liked making them then and enjoyed it just as much this time around. There’s something that really appeals to me about mini things, and this little card is only a couple of inches in size. It's a felt cover with cardstock pages. And the box to hold the plum pudding is a variation on one I made a year or so ago, which I really enjoyed doing. I like the quirkiness of the spots and stripes together. Quirky, I must say, appeals to me quite a bit at the moment. What does that say about me???





Are you getting ready for Christmas in your world?

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Sue, I absolutely adore yours and Nat's parcels...so gorgeous!!
I really enjoy 'quirky' too...it always looks amazing.
I love your little bundle of goodies that you made and how neat to have found a friend along the way.
Yippee...
hugs
Robyn xx

Natima said...

Hi Sue, thanks again for my gorgeous ornament and mini card. I love them both. I will post them up on my next post. I am so lucky to have met you through this swaps. Have a great weekend my stitch sister- Hugs Natima

Serena said...

What a beautiful ornament! You're a very talented woman. I'm not sure I could make an ornament if I tried.

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely ornament you made for Natami! And your card is so pretty. I have never seen something like that. Just love it!!!
Have a lovely Sunday (O:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...